We don’t live in a perfect world.
Life has struggles and at times we need support. We may suffer with stress, anxiety, depression, fears, relationship problems, addictions, unhealthy lifestyles or have other areas of need.
We can make changes to resolve these things and to be free to live our lives to the full.
Support is available from The Restoration Centre for the following: Parenting, Marriage and Relationships, Anger Management, Pastoral Counselling, Spiritual Support, Bereavement and Loss, Friendship and Social Activities, Anxiety, Depression, Fears, Worries, Financial Guidance, Parents Apart, Self-esteem, Guilt, Self-harm, Post Abortion Counselling, Pregnancy Crisis and Life Coaching.
To make a referral contact Richard Bradbury or Angie Spence on 07917 221 896
Or e-mail: RestorationC@beverleycommunitychurch.org
You will be given an appointment to assess your needs. What happens next depends on the type of support you require. If it is one-to-one support then a suitable worker will be allocated and you will arrange the sessions with them; if it is a group you will be told when the next one is going to run; other activities maybe ongoing and you may be able to join in immediately. There may be a waiting list, either for groups to run or for a suitable worker to become available.
All support workers are trained, qualified and supervised.
- The service we are providing is at a pastoral support level. It is not professional counselling.
- The support we offer is free of charge, except for the Lifestyle Coaching (although individual circumstances will be taken into account).
- The service is available to anyone who needs it, regardless of faith. There is no expectation on anyone to join the church and we would never put pressure on people to do this. We believe in free will not coercion. However, each user will be given a pack explaining who we are and what we believe for their own information. If they require any further details regarding the contents of the pack, they would be given opportunity to obtain this away from the support sessions.
We offer 2 parenting courses which are a series of five sessions (or 10 shorter ones) designed to help parents and carers equip their children and teenagers for life.
The Parenting Children Course is for those parenting 0-10 year-olds:
- Building Strong Foundations
- Meeting our Children’s Needs
- Setting Boundaries
- Teaching Healthy Relationships
- Our Long-Term Aim
The Parenting Teenagers Course is for those parenting 11-18 year-olds:
- Keeping the End in Mind
- Meeting our Teenagers’ Needs
- Setting Boundaries
- Developing Emotional Health
- Helping Them Make Good Choices
We deliver these courses in either a group setting or on a one-to-one basis. The courses have been written by Holy Trinity Brompton and therefore do have some Christian content.
For more information visit: www.relationshipcentral.ca/the-parenting-children-course/
We also have workers who are trained in the Family Links Nurturing Programme and Triple P Parenting Programme, supported by the local authority. They have delivered programmes to parents of younger children and teenagers in one-to-one sessions and also in groups.
The Marriage Preparation Course and The Marriage Course
The Marriage Preparation Course is an invaluable series of 5 sessions designed to help engaged couples develop strong foundations for a lasting marriage covering topics such as:
- The importance of commitment
- Expressing feelings and learning to listen
- Making each other feel loved
- Resolving conflict
- Developing a fulfilling sexual relationship
- Talking about goals and values.
The Marriage Course is for any married couple wishing to build a strong and lasting relationship. Each couple’s privacy is respected as there is no group discussion and no requirement to disclose anything about their relationship to anyone else. The course, while based on Christian principles, is very helpful for any couple with or without a Christian faith or church background.
The 7 sessions are:
- Building Strong Foundations
- The Art of Communication
- Resolving Conflict
- The Power of Forgiveness
- The Impact of Family – Past and Present
- Good Sex
- Love in Action
Whilst both these courses are based on Christian principles, they are designed for couples with or without a church background. More information can be found at: www.themarriagecourses.org
Available for the following:
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Anxiety, depression, fears
- Marriage and relationships
- Parents Apart (how to journey through this difficult time in a way which will help the family heal quicker rather than cause more damage)
We will assess the area of need and then offer support as a series of 6 sessions.
CAP Money – Manage your money. Live your life.
We have workers who are trained to deliver this 3 week course in either a group setting or in sessions with an individual. Each person will be given a workbook and will be supported to examine their finances, looking at the money they have coming in, and how they spend it; areas where they can make changes and how to do this.
CAP stands for Christians Against Poverty. More details can be seen at www.capmoney.org
Friendship and Support
We have various activities and people who are available to befriend and support individuals. The activities change so we advise that you contact us about this to see what is available.
Wellbeing Courses or one-off sessions are run on a regular basis. See BCC website for up to date information or contact us to chat.
Live Life To The Full Course
In just 8 enjoyable sessions the Live Life To The Full Programme can help people change their lives. It teaches key life skills which aim to improve well-being and resilience. It is particularly useful for anyone who is experiencing low mood and anxiety.
1: Why do I feel so bad?
2: I can’t be bothered doing anything
3. Why does everything always go wrong?
4: I’m not good enough: (low confidence)
5: How to fix almost everything
6: The things you do that mess you up
7: Are you strong enough to keep your temper?
8: Ten things you can do to help you feel happier straight away
We will offer spiritual support but we will only provide this in line with our Christian beliefs.
Pregnancy Crisis and Post Abortion Counselling
We’re here to help with:
• unplanned pregnancy support – At the Restoration Centre we offer time and space for individuals to talk about and explore their own concerns regarding an unplanned pregnancy. We are there to listen, offer support and assist you by providing extra information to help you consider all the options available to enable you to make an informed choice.
• stillbirth support – At the Centre we offer counselling and support whilst providing a safe and compassionate environment in which to enable a woman/man to come to terms with their loss. Grief and acceptance of lost hopes and dreams can be very painful but sharing your pain with a counsellor can assist you through the grieving process.
• neonatal death – The Centre is here to help you through the difficult days, weeks and potentially months that follow the loss of your baby, which is both traumatic and painful. We provide a free and confidential counselling service.
• miscarriage support – At the Centre we offer counselling and support whilst providing a safe and compassionate environment in which to enable a woman/man to come to terms with their loss. Grief and acceptance of lost hopes and dreams can be very painful but sharing your pain with a counsellor can assist you through the grieving process.
• after a termination – We are here to help you work through your feelings after your loss by providing a counselling programme that looks at key areas with a view to resolving issues the termination has uncovered.
Our Post Termination Recovery Programme is called The Journey and takes a client through the following ten steps in order to address all possible issues:
- Seeking Help
- Telling The Story
- Moving out of Denial
- Anger & Depression
- Guilt & Shame
- Acceptance & Letting Go
- The Way Ahead
So often we are too busy to take time to look at our lives and see if they are going in the direction we want them to. It is as though our life runs itself and we just go along with it. The good news is that we can take control and make changes. We have more choices and more power than we realise. We choose the friends we have in our lives, we choose where we live, what job or career we have. Much of this is done subconsciously, without us even being aware of the choices we have made. However, many of the things we put into our lives are governed by our expectations of ourselves, what we think we deserve. If you think you deserve a dull and boring life that is probably the life you have, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Often we have limiting self-beliefs or low self esteem. This may be due to thing other people have said to us or to past experiences. We can be anxious about making changes and scared of failure. You will be supported to overcome these things to achieve a full and fulfilling life.
Life coaching is about taking time out to consider the different areas in your life, to visualise how you want your life to be and to plan steps to make to achieve this. You will be guided to do this and supported to make the changes.
Coaching appointments are for an hour once a month, with text, e-mail or phone support contact once a week in between sessions. The cost is £30 which covers one appointment and 3 support contacts.