We don’t live in a perfect world.
Life has struggles and at times we need support. We may suffer with stress, anxiety, depression, fears, relationship problems, addictions, unhealthy lifestyles or have other areas of need.
We can make changes to resolve these things and to be free to live our lives to the full.
Support is available from The Restoration Centre for the following: Parenting, Marriage and Relationships, Anger Management, Pastoral Counselling, Spiritual Support, Bereavement and Loss, Friendship and Social Activities, Anxiety, Depression, Fears, Worries, Financial Guidance, Parents Apart, Self-esteem, Guilt, Self-harm, Post Abortion Counselling, Pregnancy Crisis and Life Coaching.
To make a referral contact Richard Bradbury or Angie Spence on 07391 853358
Or e-mail: RestorationC@beverleycommunitychurch.org
You will be given an appointment to assess your needs. What happens next depends on the type of support you require. If it is one-to-one support then a suitable worker will be allocated and you will arrange the sessions with them; if it is a group you will be told when the next one is going to run; other activities maybe ongoing and you may be able to join in immediately. There may be a waiting list, either for groups to run or for a suitable worker to become available.
All support workers are trained, qualified and supervised in the area in which they provide support.
- The service we are providing is at a pastoral support level. It is not professional counselling.
- The support we offer is free of charge.
- The service is available to anyone who needs it, regardless of faith. There is no expectation on anyone to join the church and we would never put pressure on people to do this. We believe in free will not coercion. However, each user will be given a pack explaining who we are and what we believe for their own information. If they require any further details regarding the contents of the pack, they would be given opportunity to obtain this away from the support sessions.
We offer 2 parenting courses which are a series of five sessions (or 10 shorter ones) designed to help parents and carers equip their children and teenagers for life.
The Parenting Children Course is for those parenting 0-10 year-olds:
- Building Strong Foundations
- Meeting our Children’s Needs
- Setting Boundaries
- Teaching Healthy Relationships
- Our Long-Term Aim
The Parenting Teenagers Course is for those parenting 11-18 year-olds:
- Keeping the End in Mind
- Meeting our Teenagers’ Needs
- Setting Boundaries
- Developing Emotional Health
- Helping Them Make Good Choices
We deliver these courses in either a group setting or on a one-to-one basis. The courses have been written by Holy Trinity Brompton and therefore do have some Christian content.
For more information visit: www.relationshipcentral.ca/the-parenting-children-course/
We also have workers who are trained in the Family Links Nurturing Programme and Triple P Parenting Programme, supported by the local authority. They have delivered programmes to parents of younger children and teenagers in one-to-one sessions and also in groups.
The Marriage Preparation Course and The Marriage Course
The Marriage Preparation Course is an invaluable series of 5 sessions designed to help engaged couples develop strong foundations for a lasting marriage covering topics such as:
- The importance of commitment
- Expressing feelings and learning to listen
- Making each other feel loved
- Resolving conflict
- Developing a fulfilling sexual relationship
- Talking about goals and values.
The Marriage Course is for any married couple wishing to build a strong and lasting relationship. Each couple’s privacy is respected as there is no group discussion and no requirement to disclose anything about their relationship to anyone else. The course, while based on Christian principles, is very helpful for any couple with or without a Christian faith or church background.
The 7 sessions are:
- Building Strong Foundations
- The Art of Communication
- Resolving Conflict
- The Power of Forgiveness
- The Impact of Family – Past and Present
- Good Sex
- Love in Action
Whilst both these courses are based on Christian principles, they are designed for couples with or without a church background. More information can be found at: www.themarriagecourses.org
Available for the following:
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Anxiety, depression, fears
- Marriage and relationships
We will assess the area of need and then offer support as a series of 6 sessions. If further support is deemed necessary, we will provide this as required.
CMA – Get out of Debt
A community led debt advice centre, offering free, face-to-face advice, tailored to individual circumstances, giving clients all the time and support they need.
Call 01482 427654 or email email@example.com for help.
Friendship and Support
We have various activities and people who are available to befriend and support individuals. The activities change so we advise that you contact us about this to see what is available.
Wellbeing Courses or one-off sessions are run on a regular basis. See BCC website for up to date information or contact us to chat.
We will offer spiritual support but we will only provide this in line with our Christian beliefs.
Pregnancy Crisis and Post Abortion Counselling
We’re here to help with:
• unplanned pregnancy support – At the Restoration Centre we offer time and space for individuals to talk about and explore their own concerns regarding an unplanned pregnancy. We are there to listen, offer support and assist you by providing extra information to help you consider all the options available to enable you to make an informed choice.
• stillbirth support – At the Centre we offer counselling and support whilst providing a safe and compassionate environment in which to enable a woman/man to come to terms with their loss. Grief and acceptance of lost hopes and dreams can be very painful but sharing your pain with a counsellor can assist you through the grieving process.
• neonatal death – The Centre is here to help you through the difficult days, weeks and potentially months that follow the loss of your baby, which is both traumatic and painful. We provide a free and confidential counselling service.
• miscarriage support – At the Centre we offer counselling and support whilst providing a safe and compassionate environment in which to enable a woman/man to come to terms with their loss. Grief and acceptance of lost hopes and dreams can be very painful but sharing your pain with a counsellor can assist you through the grieving process.
• after a termination – We are here to help you work through your feelings after your loss by providing a counselling programme that looks at key areas with a view to resolving issues the termination has uncovered.
Our Post Termination Recovery Programme is called The Journey and takes a client through the following ten steps in order to address all possible issues:
- Seeking Help
- Telling The Story
- Moving out of Denial
- Anger & Depression
- Guilt & Shame
- Acceptance & Letting Go
- The Way Ahead
See separate link from our Home Page.
We can pray for you for many things including:
- Restoration of relationships
- For God to work in difficult situations
Prayer can be by physically meeting with us, or by video call. Alternatively you can request that we pray for you without meeting with you by e-mailing your prayer request – we will then pray for you and reply with the prayer we have prayed: Restorationc@beverleycommunitychurch.org
This is held once a month on an evening. We rest in God’s presence and allow Him to work in us. It is a time of guided reflection, prayer, worship and silence.